Wedding napkin ideas
First cloth napkins appeared in the Ancient Rome. Large rectangular canvases protected the bed - the patricians had their meals while lying down. Napkins were also used to pat-dry lips and hands.
Nowadays, to create a festive mood and to surprise your guests, you can create some very interesting figures out of simple cloth napkins.
Here we’d like to present to you a few ways of how to fold dinner napkins. And you can totally do this by yourself.
Way 1 - Candle
Start with a simple scheme that won’t require much time or experience. Roll your linen napkin and put it in a glass or a flute. Quick, easy and sophisticated, and, most importantly - your guests won’t be puzzled how to unfold it.
Way 2 - Rose
Having practiced folding the “candle”, it will be easy for you to grasp how to fold a napkin into a rose. To create this charming and eye-catching napkin flower you will need a cloth napkins and a small bowl.
• Place a square cloth napkin inside up. If it is not too wrinkled, ironing is not necessary, as it makes the rose more textured. Linen dinner napkins would work perfectly.
• Fold the napkin into a triangle.
• Starting from the bottom of the triangle, roll the napkin.
• You should get a long “string” - start twisting it onto itself.
• Tuck and pull the rose slightly to give it shape and place it in the bowl. Additionally, you can decorate it with some leaves (artificial, paper or real).
Way 3 - Clutch/Envelope
This simple option will be ideal where you would want to not overload the table. Cute handbags / envelopes can easily fit on a plate.
• Fold the napkin vertically in half (fold on the right).
• And once again fold in half from bottom to top.
• Bend the two upper layers of the left corner to the center.
• Bend the upper right corner to the center.
• Fold down the triangle.
• Bend the right and left upper corners to the middle.
• Fold the triangle down onto the first triangle.
Way 4 - Bow tie
Figuring out how to fold a napkin into a bow is very simple - you just need to stock up on some ribbon.
• Fold the napkin in half and once again in half (horizontally).
• Bend the long edges towards the center.
• Tie with a ribbon.
Way 5 - Name card
In the following two napkins-folding schemes is a place provided for a card with the name of the guest. This particular way is perfect if you are planning in advance who to sit next to whom and where.
• Fold the napkin twice, with all the corners pointing at you.
• Lay the corners one over the other so the previous one is visible.
• Bend the bottom corner over to for a narrow fold
• Carefully tuck the sides behind
Useful tip: Before you fold your cloth napkins, perform some necessary preparatory work - wash, starch and iron them.